TO OUR SHAREHOLDERS:
The Annual Meeting of Shareholders of Chatham Lodging Trust (the "Company") will be held at the Company's offices located at 222 Lakeview Avenue, 1st Floor, Palms Room, West Palm Beach, Florida 33401, on Thursday, May 18, 2023, at 10:00 a.m., Eastern Time, for the following purposes:
- To elect seven trustees of the Company to hold office for a one-year term and until their respective successors as trustees are duly elected and qualified.
- To ratify the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the Company's independent registered public accountants for the year ending December 31, 2023.
- To hold an advisory vote on executive compensation as disclosed in these materials.
- To hold an advisory vote on whether an advisory vote on executive compensation should be held every one, two or three years.
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment or postponement thereof.
Only shareholders of record at the close of business on March 20, 2023, are entitled to notice of, and to vote at, the meeting. All shareholders are requested to be present at the meeting in person or by proxy. Any shareholder who executes a proxy and later finds that he or she or she can be present at the meeting, or for any reason desires to do so, may revoke the proxy at any time before it is voted. Proxies are revocable in accordance with the procedures set forth in this Proxy Statement.
There is enclosed, as a part of this Notice, a Proxy Statement which contains further information regarding the Annual Meeting. Please read it carefully and vote. Your cooperation is appreciated because a majority of the common shares must be represented, either in person or by proxy, to constitute a quorum for the conduct of business. On or about April 5, 2023, we began mailing to our beneficial shareholders a Notice of Internet Availability of Proxy Materials containing instructions on how to access our 2023 Proxy Statement and 2022 Annual Report, vote online, and how to request a paper copy. Shareholders who receive that notice will not receive a paper copy of the proxy statement and annual report on Form 10-K or a proxy card unless they request one.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES,
West Palm Beach, Florida
April 3, 2023